Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hello Friend Frog

I had planned to upload this card much earlier this week, but free time seems to have been an issue for me.

I fell in love with all the adorable little critters in the Love You lots SU Hostess set, but have to say that the frog is my favorite by far.


I started by stamping the frog on a scrap white piece of cardstock and then adding the jar. Using Copics I coloured the frog and added shading below him and around the jar edges. The jar was then die cut using the matching jar die and a little bakers twine was tide around the top.


I trimmed my green card front to 5.25 x 4", embossed it, inked the edges and attached to the card front slightly skew. the brown cardstock is approx. 4" x 3.25". The edges were also inked before attaching to the card. A coordinating strip of patterned paper was dded and then I attached the jar using foam tape. The "Hello"  sentiment was cut from pink and the "friend" was stamped in black on scrap white that was trimmed into a banner shape.


I finished the inside of the card to match using scrap appertained paper in the corners and stamping a couple of little frogs int eh opposite corners.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill
Pattern paper: Momenta 6 x 6" textured cardstock pad
Stamps: Love You Lots - SU, Jar of Love - SU
Dies: Everyday Jar Thinblits - SU, Hello Thinlits - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip - SU
Alcohol markers: YG03, YG25, W1, W3, W5, BG13, BG15 - Copic
Embossing folder: Forest Branches - Provocraft - Cuttlebug
Misc.: bakers twine, foam mounting tape/squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...