Monday, October 12, 2015

Woodlands in Autumn

It's been a busy last few weeks and I haven't had as much time to play as I had hoped. I did get my SU order unpacked, cataloged and organized. And this past week I managed to squeeze in a few moments to play with the Woodlands embossing folder.

I created 2 fall inspired cards,, the first is A2 (4.25 x 5.5") in size:


I inked up the embossing folder with Mossy meadow for a rich green woodsy background colour and then proceeded to emboss my white paper.
My bird was coloured with alcohol markers and placed on the large branch in the front f the scene.
I also added some leaves and a silhouette bird behind my greeting. The veining on the leaves was created with a spider web embossing folder.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: white Recollections, scraps of brown and orange Bazzill
Stamps: Language of Friendship - SU, Morning Meadow - SU
Die; Autumn Accents Bigz - SU
Embossing folder: Woodland - SU, Spiderweb - SU
Ink: Mossy meadow - SU, Cajun Craze - SU, Basic Black - SU, Tuxedo black - Memento
Alcohol markers: Cherry Cobbler, Smokey Slate, Skintone - SU Blendabilities, Copic Y35
Misc.: Early Espresso stitched ribbon - SU, black marker, foam tape


my second creation with this great embossing folder is a 5.5 x 5.5" square card (love that this embossing folder accommodates larger cards):


In case you are wondering, I use a Cuttlebug and yes, these large square SU embossing folders will fit!
I sued the same technique, ink pad to embossing folder, to create the night sky background. I then added some green and brown with sponges to the lower area of the folder to create the illusion of soil and bushes. I did not (at least not yet) purchase the matching stamp set to this embossing folder. So I looked through my assortment of stamps and  found the Take Three set. I used the small birch leave and my tiny PB birch punch (not a perfect match but close enough).

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, dark brown
Stamps: Take Three - SU
Embossing folder: Woodland - SU
Punches: Deco Label - SU, Mega oval (70 mm) - PB
Ink: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Hello Honey, Pimpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy - all SU
Markers: Basic black, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Cherry Cobbler - all SU
Misc.: 1" wide dark brown satin ribbon, foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Love your inked background on both cards. And the spiderweb folder gives a perfect texture for the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...