Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Christmas Window Card

So many new Christmas themed toys and so little time to play.
This past week I finally had a chance to use the new SU window die. I did purchase the matching stamps but decided on using other stamps i already had with this particular card.


I wanted to create a night time scene in my window view so I started by masking my moon and then sponging the night sky around it. I opted for lighter blue around the moon, going darker further away from the light source creating a natural glow. I even touched up the edges around the moon a little with pearlescent ink but the shimmer is really hard to see in my photos. The close up shows it a little more.


The scene was created with the Santa sleight stamp from Holiday Home and the trees are from lovely as a Tree.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill dark blue
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree - SU, Holiday Home - SU, Happy Scenes - SU
Ink: Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder, Strawberry Slush, Craft White - all SU, Tuxedo black - Memento, Pearl White - Club Scrap
Dies: Hearth & Home Thinlits - SU, Banner Thinlits - SU
Punch: 1 3/8" circle - SU (for mask)
Embossing Folders; Decorative Dots - SU, Brick - Tim Holtz
Misc.: 5/8" silver organza ribbon, foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Wonderful card and you nailed the sky scene. Well done:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...