Thursday, October 15, 2015

Autumn Birch Trees

Behind our house we have a green belt going up the hill. It is a place were people can walk their dogs (off-leash if they like). The hills is scattered with wild grasses and several groupings of birch trees. One group of trees is right behind our house. Looking out my kitchen window as the sun set the beautiful birch trees almost looked like were on fire with their pretty golden leaves shinning brightly in the setting sun.

With this image in mind I made this pretty card.


I used the foliage stamp from Sheltering tree to stamp light green and golden leaves directly onto my embossing folder before I embossed the cardstock. I also added sparkly gold sequins to mimic the bright reflecting sunlight. The little bird is perched on a branch cut from the Tim Holtz branch tree die and placed in front of the embossed trees. I clipped a few "slits" into it to simulate the birch bark design.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Sheltering tree - SU, everything Eleanor - SU
Ink: Pear pizzazz, Hello honey, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso - all SU
Embossing folder: Woodlands - SU
Die: Greetings Thinlits - SU, Branch Tree - Tim Holtz
Misc.: gold sequins, foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Cool background you made with this folder. Have seen many cards made with it, and I didn't buy this one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...