Saturday, September 12, 2015

Wedding Butterflies

Apologies for the lack of posts this past week. My husband and I were out of town for a wedding.
Long time friends youngest daughter got married. I still can't believe she's old enough to do that. I've know her all her life and it's amazing to see the young woman she's turned into.

When I wrapped her wedding present I thought I'd do something a little special, but it couldn't be too elaborate as it needed to withstand a 10 hour car ride. Butterflies came to mind, as they symbolize change, beauty and a new beginning.

Here is what I came up with.


I grouped several butterflies, of all three sizes, around and on top of my ribbon bow.


Right in the center are the two largest, to form a couple.


The butterflies added a very simple yet elegant touch of something special, and they survived the trip.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 lb white
Dies: Bold Butterflies and Butterfly Thinlits from SU
Misc.: I used a precision plate and dryer sheets to make cutting these delicate design easier. All the butterflies were slightly folded and then I glued the body section to the package with Mono Multi.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...