Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Feathers Shaker Card

It's that time of year again. SU has brought out their Holiday Catty and I had the hardest time deciding what to order as there are so many great things to choose from.
I was lucky enough though that for my birthday earlier this month my DH and DD paid for my SU Holiday order. This means I have more wonderful tools coming end of the week than I had thought possible, but it also means in order to justify the purchases I really need to try and use some of the stamp sets I purchased in the last year that are still sitting on my shelf in untouched packages.

The first of these sets is the Four Feathers stamp set and matching dies. I've had this for quite some tie and did indeed pull it off the shelf several times only to find myself uninspired.

I let the beautiful hues of autumn inspire me. Yes, fall has come to Calgary rather quickly. Last week the trees were still green and this week they are changing colour faster than one can enjoy it.

With fall being my inspiration I chose several lovely earthy tones for my cards.

First up is this pretty shaker card that I filled with sequins and micro glass beads.


I sponged my shaker background with several colours before filling it. The shaker opening was cut using both feather dies and accented with a few more stamped and cut feathers.

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Four Feathers - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU,  Fall Fun - SU
Ink: Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, Tip Top Taupe, Pear Pizzazz - SU
Dies: Feathers Framelits - SU
Misc.: brown bakers twine, micro glass beads, sequins, acetate, foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

4 comments :

  1. Love the shaker shape made with the feathers!! Makes for even more interest to the shaker!! tfs!! And what an awesome birthday gift you will be getting!! I took it VERY easy on the wallet with the new holiday catalog!! :) Lots of fantastic stuff in there though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shaker card. The splatters are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Love the colours and the fact that you made this a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool, cool card- love the shaker you added!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...