Thursday, May 28, 2015

Simply Sketched

I think I have a newly discovered colouring addiction. I can't seem to get away from it at the moment.
After pulling out several stamp sets with line images I decided on Simple Sketched by SU.
This time I used orange tones for my flower, which is fast becoming a new favourite.



I stamped the leafy berry image onto my background twice, then coloured it. The blossom image was stamped on a scrap piece, coloured, fuzzy cut and attached over the leaves. I glued the bottom to the card front but attached the blossom and bud with foam mounting squares for some added depth.

The little butterfly was also attached with a foam square. I framed the entire thing with a die cut negative I had left over form a previous project, this was also from a mounted.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 lbs white\
Stamps: Simple Sketched - SU, Butterfly Basics - SU, Papillon Potpourri - SU
Alcohol markers: Old Olive, Skin tine (brown for butterfly body) - SU, Powder Pink (YR00), Light Orange (YR02) Chrome Orange (YR04) - Copic
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo black
Punch: Itty bitty butterfly - SU
Die: Timeless Rectangle - Nestabilities by Spellbinder
Misc.: Foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Well done on your foray into the world of Copics. I will warn you that it can be rather addicting and you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...