Thursday, March 5, 2015

Playing with Blendabilities, Take one

With my last SU order I received several packages of their new Blendabilities. I have never worked with alcohol markers before and the thought as a little daunting at first so I checked out several how to videos and dove in. I chose the blossom image form Indescribable Gift, courtesy of my lovely SU rep who provided me with a few stamped images (thank you Doris!).

My first try was not as successful as I had hoped (I'm a perfectionist), but I guess it still turned out better than  most would expect for a first attempt. I did use the finished coloured image on a card and it is rather pretty even with some imperfections in the shading.



I opted for light pink/peach shades for my blossoms and thought using the marker caps as a colour guide would be sufficient. I was wrong. Don't use the caps as an accurate indication of the colours. test them on a white piece of cardstock instead. As you can see my blossoms now have a mix of pink and peach instead off 3 shades of peach.

My Old Olive markers are on back order and I do not have any other shades of green. So to colour the leaves I used my blender/colour lifter and chalks (saw this technique somewhere on the web a few months back). It works well but the tip of the pen does absorb a lot of the chalk colour and is now stained.

I finished the inside of the card to match the front using only a partial blossom image. I left my card blank so that I can choose the appropriate sentiment once I decide to use it.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: SU and Reflections
Ink: assume this was SU Basic Black as the image did smudge a little during colouring.
Markers: SU Blendabilities: Skin Tone set, Soft Sky set and Smokey Slate set
Stamp: Indescribable Gift - SU
Die: Oval Framelits - SU
Misc.: pearls, foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Your flowers look pretty, and cool technique on coloring the leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...