Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stocking Stuffer Mini Purses

I have coveted the mini purse die for some time and finally broker down and ordered it this summer.
When I received it I ran it through my machine to do a quick test and then out it aside. It's been sitting and waiting to be used ever since.

Stocking stuffer's at our house generally consist of a candy or chocolate treat as well as several useful little gift items such as, Kleenex packs, travel lotions, razors etc. and Chapstick. Stocking stuffers are also generally not wrapped.  So I though this year I will put the Chapsticks inside a cute little personalized mini purse for all the ladies (and am still contemplating a tool box or fishing bag.... for the men).

Here are the first three I have created (I have 3 more to go).


Basic supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Embossing folders: Reptile - Darice (large pattern), Burlap - Tim Holtz
Ink: Smokey Slate, Basic Black - SU, Versamark, Pearl white - Club Scrap
Die: Mini Purse - SU
Misc.: Basic Gray Marker - SU, per purse 2 x 1/8" mini brad, closure - button or brad etc.

The black and silver "alligator" skin one is for my daughter - she loves alligator and gothic/dark tones are her preference.

 
I cut my purse die, then ran the cardstock through by Cuttlebug with the embossing folder. I then inked it with Versmark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The flap and bakc area i also sponged with a pearl white ink and heat set. The strapwas alos clear embossed and then attached it to eitehr side with a little 1/8" black brad. I added a pretty rhinestone flower with a glue dot to the frotn for the closure.
 
The pink and black creation is for my sister - she is a girly girl at heart.

 
This one is the same as the back with exception to the two tiones and that I only textured the pink carstock. The sides and strap are flat black, clear ambossed.

The last one was an experiment and I may keep it for myself.
 
 
This one was done with a smaller embossed texture. I did not clear emboss. I did sponge the purse with a little dark gray and black. The base of the purse is cut from medium gray. The edging from white cardstock that I inked with Smokey Slate. I also added stitching with my Basic Gray marker. The brads used are sliver and the closure is 1/4" square silver brad.

I love this die and can see many possibilities for it (birthday goodies, wedding favours...). I almost wish my daughter were still little as these would be a big hit with little girls. Guess I have to hope there will be little nieces or grandbabies sometime soon.

Up next I have another Christmas card featuring punch art bells.:


Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...