Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Asian Screen Card

I'm sure I've mention several times before, my daughter is very into Japanese/Asian art and design. She loves Sakura blossoms, dragons, Kanji... high on her wish list of items are currently both an old Japanese trunk and screen.

So when I saw the current trend of screen cards I immediately thought of making an Asian themed one for her. I have to say I am not fond of the 4 screen version that is really popular right now. Although it looks pretty standing upright, I do not like that the greeting ends up on the back of the card (I'm a little OCD). I therefore made this into a 3 screen card.

I used 1 full sheet of 8.5 x 11, folded into three's. Note it fits a standard business envelope:



The top was trimmed with a corner punch and I used a square die to cut away a portion of each screen panel to create "legs". At first I was going to leave the bottom square, but I found the "legs" were not as sturdy as I had hopped. I then added the trellis die and love how this turned out. Not only is it much sturdier, but it looks lovely.

My flowers are embossed in gold on the red cardstock (very classic Asian colours, black, red, gold).
Both the greeting and well wishes panels are foam mounted, the tassel was strung over one of the scallop points and secured with a glue dot at the bottom. I also added black rhinestones along the top border for a little extra bling.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Basic Black - SU, Versamark
Stamps: Art of the Orient  -SU, Friendly Phrases - Stampendous, Kanji Collection 3 - Stamp Workz
Punch: corner scallop - PB (I removed the corner guards so that I could punch a border)
Die: Square - Spellbinder , Lattice bigz - SU
Misc.: gold embossing powder, small gold tassel, 1/4" black rhinestones, 5/8" gold organza ribbon, foam squares

Up next I have one more punch art Christmas card. It's been a little hectic here so I'm still finishing the instructions.

Thanks for stopping by; hope to see you again soon!

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...