Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Lanterns

I am almost at the end of my "Note Tag" creations. Today I have a wonderful trio of lanterns to share.
I added a bit of greenery and a bow and used them on some Christmas cards, but they could have many different uses.


I used the same basic design and identical supplies for each of the three cards.
First I stamped my music background on white cardstock. Then I cut the banner shapes. I generously inked the edges and sponged all over with So Saffron for an "aged paper" effect. The lanterns have been mounted on the large shape from the Apothecary Acccent dies which was embossed with stars and also inked with So Saffron. I used my Punch Bunch pine twig punch for the greenery but the Martha Stewart punch or any pine twig die would work just as well. Instructions for the little 3-d bow are also below.
Note that some parts of the punch art lanterns could easily be hand cut or cut using a paper trimmer. But I cut all parts with my note tag punch. After having played with that punch for so long I found this easier and faster.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso - all SU
Dies: Banner Framelits - SU, Apothecary Accents Framelits - SU
Punches (for the greeting): small and large oval by SU
Stamps: Music Background - Hero Arts, All Year Cheer I - SU
Embossing folder: Lucky Stars - SU
Misc.: clear and red 1/4" rhinestones, foam mounting squares, white gel pen

Little 3D bow instructions:


Card 1, small Lantern close-up:

Punch art instructions for small lantern:


Card 2, medium lantern close-up:
Punch art instructions for medium lantern:


Card 3, large lantern close-up:

Large lantern punch art instructions:


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

3 comments :

  1. I love your lanterns!! They look perfect dressed up for Christmas! And the little bow is very sweet! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love all of the great projects you've shared using the Note Tag punch, Alex! That punch is now at the top of my next order. Thank you so much for sharing the instructions, too. I can't wait to try some of y our beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...