Monday, July 29, 2013

Supply organization and ledgers

Unfortunately work has been too busy in the past couple of weeks that I've been working several hours overtime almost every night. This means by the time I come home and have something to eat I'm too exhausted to even think about making something let alone takes photos etc and upload to my blog.

I still have a few projects I made several weeks ago that I haven't had a chance to share yet.
I'll try my best to get to them soon.

In the mean time I thought I'd share a great program I downloaded (it's free) to try and stay on top of all the supplies I currently own.

It's called Evernote . I absolutely love it!

I have created lists for my stamps, embossing folders, dies, punches and even non craft related things like books, movies etc.

Not only can I track, sort and easily find things I own, but it's also accessible from any mobile apps (I phone/smart phone, tablets etc) So when I’m out shopping and can't remember if I already own a certain embossing folder or die etc. I can log in and check.

Here's a sneek peek at what it looks like:
You can create endless notebooks, with  pretty much limitless notes. You can easily re-arrange the notes by dragging them to a different note book and copying to more than one notebook if needed.
Notebooks/Lists can be shared with friends as well.
 
To create a note, just enter any information you like. I've only added the name of the stamps, the manufacturer and the image. But you can add total pieces per set, year, item/product number etc.
You just drag and drop the image from either your pc or anywhere online into the open page and it's saved.
You can add unlimted tags that will help you sort and find items easier.
For example I have tags for themes (greetings, Holidays, nature, animals... as well as tags for coordinating punches (or dies) ie, scallop oval, star, heart etc. So if I'm looking for a birthday greeting that fits onto a scallop oval punch shape I can sort by those tags and find a stamp set that will work.
.
 

3 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great idea. Will investigate it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very cool program! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. Just found your post. I've been using Evernote for my crafting inventory and have been searching for others that are doing the same so I can see how others are using this program. It has helped several times when I was at a stampin' class. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...