Monday, February 25, 2013

Background stamps

I came across a thread disussing uses for background stamps on SCS recently which led me to look through my collection.

Honestly I do not have very many, maybe 6 SU and about 10 older Club Scrap ones that are sitting in a box. I have not unmounted these (and am still working on my stamp inventory binder) so they tend to get forgotten.

Anyway, the thread got me thinking, which ended in the creation of two very nice birthday cards  using more than one background stamp that I thought I'd share.

The first I will be sending to my aunt for her Birthday next month as tulips are very fitting for a spring birthday:

 
It's a really simple card. Supplies used as follows:
 
First background: SU French Script stamped in Memories dark brown chalk-a-lots ink
Second image is an old Club Scrap stamp (Tulips). The blossoms are inked with Colorbox Warm red fluid chalk and the stem/leaves with the medium green on my Colorbox Autum Pastels liquid chalk ink pallette.
Cardstock colors are an ivory and a warm red tone (random cardstock I had, not sure of the manufacturer).
I added 3/4" red ribbon and mounted my greeting over it using foam dots.Frame and sentiment stamps are from SU Vintage labels, which were both punched from cardstock using SU 7/8" scallop oval and a 1 1/2" circle punch.
 
Thanks for looking. Hope I've helped inspired some of you to dig through your background stamps.
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...